- Preheat oven to 350°
- In the roasting pan, combine the soup mix, ketchup and water and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and add the brisket.
- Cook for about 3 hours, turning the brisket half way through.
- The brisket is done when a fork goes in easily. Don't worry too much about overcooking.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 1/2 hour, then slice across the grain.
- Return the sliced brisket to the roasting pan.
- If more gravy is needed, you can heat more soup mix, ketchup and water on the stove and add it.