Jewish Apple Cake
- 4 medium apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Core and peel apples; then cut them into THIN slices (4-5 wedges and then cut into 4-5 slices).
- In a small seperate bowl, mix together 2 tsp cinnamon and 4 tsp sugar.
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored (high speed 5 minutes) Gradually beat in 2 cups sugar and then the oil. ( ex. 1/4-1/2 cup at a time).
- Resift flour together with baking powder and salt.
- Stir together the orange juice and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the beaten egg. ALTERNATELY with the orange juice (1/3 dry ingredient, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/3 dry, rest of orange juice, rest of dry) (LOW SPEED).
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into pan.
- Arrange 1/2 of the apples over the top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Add another 1/3 of the batter over the apples.
- Place the remaining apples over the batter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Top with last of the batter.
- Bake in 350 degrees for 60 minutes.